Any modern company that wants to compete in complex marketplaces must embrace digitization. A flexible website is an essential component of any company’s digital marketing strategy.
Businesses must invest in smart, effective, and accessible apps because more than 57% of customers said they would not recommend a business based just on its responsive website. website into mobile app
Some of the world’s most well-known firms recognized the benefits of mobile apps and decided to transform their website into mobile app, also known as Progressive Web Apps (PWAs). Just a few examples are Dropbox, Fiverr, Google Docs, Starbucks, and others. As a result, they have reached a broader audience and increased their revenue.
Aside from that, various statistics suggest that mobile apps are more popular than websites:
According to Statista, mobile app revenue is expected to reach $613 billion by 2025.
Given the data, now is the time to convert a website into mobile app.
It is simple to convert an existing mobile-friendly website into mobile app. In the following steps, we will lead you through a complete and comprehensive website to app coaching.
To begin, consider the most compelling reasons for converting web pages into apps:
What is your app capable of doing for you and your users?
A mobile app has numerous advantages. Consider the following examples. You can use an app to do the following:
1. Establish a customized and targeted marketing channel
Direct access to client information is the first clear advantage that digital marketers acquire when firms go mobile.
Using information obtained from user sessions and app access points, you can improve your marketing activities. After marketers have all of the data they need, an app can help them disseminate information to their audiences more effectively than other traditional marketing platforms.
Here are a few examples of how mobile app capabilities support this direct marketing strategy:
- Push notifications: When it comes to mobile, push notifications to have unrivaled power. People who receive push notifications opt in at a rate of 70% on average. When contrasted to email marketing’s 5%, the difference is clear.
- In-app clickthrough rates: Within apps, ads, calls to action (CTAs), and any other business-related aspect will always have a higher clickthrough rate. Push notifications are no different.
2. Interact with your consumers in a straightforward and timely manner.
The ease with which consumers can obtain information about a company has a significant impact on their pleasure. The time it takes for support to respond can mean the difference between a lead and a conversion.
A dedicated mobile app could be the missing link in offering your customers the quickest communication possible.
A smartphone app is significantly more trustworthy, customizable, and convenient than a website or other medium. Customers will not lose track of their support requests because they can log in using their contact information.
Furthermore, your employees will have easy access to this information. They will be able to serve their consumers more swiftly and effectively as a result of this.
Apart from providing support, mobile device apps are ideal for seeking and collecting customer feedback.
As a bonus, you may incorporate a live chat feature into your app. This not only promotes customer happiness but also boosts engagement.
3. Immediately improve customer service.
As previously stated, immediate connection with your customer is vital for a pleasant customer experience.
Mobile app customer service benefits both the business owner and the client in major ways:
- Customers have the option of serving themselves: Including a clever, user-friendly help center in your app could be a smart way to aid your mobile users in rapidly finding answers to their questions.
- You may improve your overall client experience by doing the following: Making ensuring there are few or no difficulties is the best way to deliver exceptional customer service. Data from your app can help you discover possible issues or inquiries for your clients before they happen.
Any way you look at it, a well-designed mobile app is usually good news for customer service.
4. Get useful consumer insights
It is practically difficult to run a profitable business in the twenty-first century without consumer insights. If you want to design a successful marketing strategy, you must base it on actual customer behavior.
Your mobile app can be a reliable and valuable source of user data.
The following metrics are routinely monitored:
- Users on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis
- User demographics such as age, gender, and so on.
- Rates of retention
When you want people to complete a survey or fill out a questionnaire, you may provide prizes or rewards. After methodically assessing the facts at your disposal, your marketing’s weak points and strengths become clear quickly.
5. Increase consumer loyalty
Almost every successful business has a high rate of client retention. It’s normally simple to maintain a high client retention rate by delivering exceptional value and ensuring that they’re consistently delighted.
Loyalty programs, on the other hand, are a great way to go above and above.
While establishing a loyalty program is a great idea, many business owners miss the mark and develop a program that is tough to join.
Mobile loyalty programs might help you avoid this common misstep. Here are some straightforward methods for incorporating loyalty programs into your mobile app:
On-time tailored product recommendations: This will demand a thorough review of user sessions. Then, to keep them coming back, provide relevant product recommendations.
Make instant rewards available to app users: You can utilize a point (cashback) system to give customers a percentage of their purchase back, among other things. These points can then be redeemed for future purchases.
What are the steps to convert a website into a mobile app?
There are six primary methods for converting a website into mobile app, and we’ll go over each one and explain why our website-to-app platform is the best solution in most circumstances. Let’s get this party started.
1. Make a list of all the features that your app must have.
Before you start developing your mobile app, you must select which features you want to include. This will not only assist you in staying within your budget and calculating prices, but it will also provide you with an idea of what you need to build.
After all, it’s easy to become overwhelmed by the number of features your software offers. Validating your feature list will help you create a realistic vision for your native apps and ensure that each feature is useful to your target audience rather than just a showy extra.
To convert a website into mobile app, there are several factors to consider
- Focus on UX
- Gesture-based navigation
- Prevent ambiguity
- Hamburger menu
- Navigation and notification
2. Create your app using a DIY app builder.
This strategy is intended for anyone who wants to build an app but lacks coding abilities and is seeking for a low-cost option.
- Platforms like Appy Pie and GoodBarber compete in this space, as do more specialist solutions like Appninja, which specialize in turning specific sorts of web pages into mobile apps.
- Standard apps can be developed using the most advanced technologies for specific concepts and services.
- They are convenient, but they require extensive web features and prefer pre-built templates and themes.
3. Code the mobile app (Native/Hybrid)
- To have a stronger impact on every aspect of the user experience, you can begin at the beginning.
- As you are aware, your core web product is doing well and can be used in the app project.
- You may reuse your design workflow for the mobile app by using the same milestones and checks.
- You can make adjustments to your mobile application as needed during the development process and afterward.
- Because the company is used to collaborating, comments and updates will flow smoothly.
4. Create a user-friendly user experience design.
Apart from the fundamental functionality of your app, your UX design is the most important item to consider while building your interface. What good is a mobile app if it can’t keep up with your website’s responsiveness?
If you are unable to make your mobile app as mobile-friendly as your website, you should consider investing more in the responsive design of your current website rather than developing a new app.
5. Try out your app
You should test your app before submitting it to the Google Play Store or Apple App Store, just like you would any landing page, social media post, or email campaign. This will allow you to fine-tune the operation of your native mobile app and address any bugs or problems before your users become aware of them.
This will not only help you retain users who may have deleted your app as a result of these issues, but it will also save your support team time by removing the need to reply to consumers who are experiencing problems with your mobile app.
Even if you are unable to resolve all problems before going live, you will be aware of potential issues and can prepare your service team for these types of inquiries.
6. Submit your app to the app store.
After successfully converting your website into a mobile app, you must publish your app on the App Store. Both the Android App Store and the Apple App Store will assess your submission within three days.
Your app should be available for download in the appropriate app store after it has been authorized.
Essential considerations when converting a website to an app
If you’re working on converting a website into a mobile app, you’ll want to focus on this checklist of must-haves to ensure the success of your mobile app development initiatives. Consider the following points before converting a website to an app:
Consistency & Simplicity
Nobody loves staring at a cluttered screen. UI/UX designers who understand the importance of white space in the design must also grasp how to maintain an app’s UI basic and consistent.
To ensure seamless navigation, mobile app designers employ an easy way to arrange each component precisely on the layout. Limit the number of app screens to a few with a few buttons, blocks, and other components to keep the contents understandable, catchy, and less confusing for app users’ eyes.
Another important aspect of personalizing your app’s appearance is the use of gestures when scrolling or swiping through the screen. Designers examine this function when turning a website into mobile app rather than layering typical menus and icons over the interface.
UX design & screen patterns
After all, the first impression is the final impression! The same method applies to how designers modify a mobile app’s UI/UX design and patterns.
When it comes to changing the components of an app, consistency, and creativity are vital. A website is made up of multiple web pages that contain a range of visual elements such as text blocks, buttons, photographs, videos, and so on.
Moving these elements from a website to a mobile app may appear simple at first glance, but it is a complex undertaking.
To produce a mobile-ready user interface design with greater scalability across different screen sizes, screen sizes, resolutions, and other criteria must be taken into account.
Even though we have yet to examine the reasons for converting a website to a mobile app, the compatibility of your dynamic mobile app will cause you to consider the mind-boggling uses of cross-platform app development.
Progressive Online Apps (PWAs) are modern web platforms that are completely tuned to respond to different screen sizes and scale smoothly with no navigation difficulties.
Unlike websites, which eventually lose responsiveness, you can design a mobile app with flawless and scalable user interfaces to deliver a superb mobile app experience regardless of screen size or device type.
When converting a website to mobile app, you’ll need to follow certain essential mobile app design best practices to deal with screen-related issues. Choose a few carefully selected features from your website to incorporate into your mobile app at first, and then expand it later with more functionality.
Which method is the most effective: native, hybrid, or web
Your business goals should drive your decision on whether to design a web app, native app, or hybrid app. Before you begin developing, you should consider the following points:
- How soon do you need the app?
- Your desired level of user experience for your app
- The number of features required for your app to function.
Above all, any approach you utilize should be quick, responsive, and consistent. It’s vital to keep up with changing user expectations as they expect more from mobile experiences. Keep the following in consideration when developing an app:
- Your API design should allow you to easily and reliably access your information and services.
- A mobile app should be considered an extension of your brand rather than a carbon copy of your website.
- Maintain constant awareness of your users’ expectations and activities, and modify when market conditions change.
Finally, working with an app development company that specializes in framework design and development is crucial.
Persistence is the key to success. A certain amount of patience is required for mobile app development. You must maintain your faith in your concept and plans.
Shortcuts lead to temporary success, however hard work and tenacity compel you to work with success for the rest of your life.
So keep it simple, work toward your goals, create short-term goals, achieve them, and then set new ones.
You can get in touch with us if you need help or advice. We will be pleased to help you.